Code of Conduct
All Rebels, Club Leaders, volunteers, partners, sponsors and visitors are expected to abide by the Rebel Makers Code of Conduct. Or as we like to call it, our Rules of Rebellion!
Rebel Makers is a kickass community. Being part of this community means:
- committing to helping each other
- listening to others views
- setting an example
- treating everyone equally
- respecting the club, your fellow Rebels and visitors
If you think someone is being particularly positive or awesome - tell them! It's important to build confidence and let people know you appreciate them/their actions.
If you think someone is being negative or harsh - let them know. Remember to always do this in a quiet and constructive way, without drawing undue attention.
To represent yourself and Rebel Makers to your very best ability, you must always practice:
- No violence
- No harassment
- No discrimination
- No inappropriate imagery or content
Rebel Labs is committed to these Rules of Rebellion and seeks to ensure, as far as is reasonably possible, the adherence to this code. Let's explore what this means in a little more detail:
- Harassment includes verbal remarks which may reasonably be construed as offensive (at the discretion of the Rebel Leader/Rebel Labs team), intimidation, stalking, sustained disruption, intrusive photography or recording, inappropriate physical contact and unwelcome sexual attention.
- It may be that you do not realise or are unaware that your actions are making a fellow Rebel feel uncomfortable. However, if someone says no, or makes you aware of their discomfort, stop immediately.
- If someone is being inappropriate or making you feel uncomfortable, or you notice someone else's discomfort, inform your Club Leader immediately.
- Rebel Labs takes a zero tolerance policy on the use or consumption of illegal drugs at a Rebel Makers Club. Anyone found doing will be made known to the Club Leader immediately.
If you do not abide by this Code, the Club Leader or the Rebel Labs team reserve the right to ask you to leave a Club or the community permanently.